Tuesday 15 April 2014

Luke's Way of Looking, Authors: Nadia Wheatley and Matt Ottley

We have been reading Luke's Way of Looking for our shared book, a book about a boy who has a passion for art and discovers there are actually people just like him in the World. 




Our views:


Jennifer: I thought the artwork was creative, I especially liked the way some of the pictures were based on famous artists.

Shelley: At the beginning the pictures had no colour, as the story went on, the pictures got brighter and brighter as Luke got happier.

Somi: I liked how I learnt about famous artist's different styles. It told us not to give up on our dreams and to follow them.

Kuini-Marnie: I found the book to be inspiring because Luke used his imagination and that taught me to follow in his footprints. It also showed us, that we should never give up.

Adam: The book was creative because it showed me everyone has different passions for different things and that's ok.

Bailey: I found the book interesting because I found there were many different artists in the world.

  The art work in the story is inspired by famous artists like Picaso and J Pollock. We decided to have a go ourselves.







11 comments:

  1. Luke is a boy that does things creatively like art and its different to others.He uses his imagination to draw his art and colour it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes , Luke is a boy who uses his imagination when he paints .Felicity , I'm not sure if he draws it first because it did not say that he draws first , then paints .The book shows not tells

      Delete
  2. Kuini-Marnie Te Tomo15 April 2014 at 21:12

    I like this book because it inspires me to use my imagination when I paint. I also like this because not that it tells us it also show us in the illustrations what's happening

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kuini-marnie/Felicity15 April 2014 at 21:25

    What i learnt about the story is that to never give up at doing things differently to others.My favourite part of the story was that when he went to the gallery he had felt that it was the right place to be because all paintings were just like his and colourful , detailed.At the start of the story he always got in trouble for doing the wrong thing and then when it came to the end Mr Barraclough realised that Luke was trying to do his art using his imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luke was a boy who looked at things differently as he was doing art , he had a teacher who was mad every time Luke did something wrong and he kept on yelling at him and at the end , Luke's teacher saw him paint , then he said nothing at all .He uses his imagination every time he sees something that is not there but the book was creative , colourful and was rated maybe up to 5 or 9....! HAPPY BLOGGING !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What incredible art! It is great to see how everyone’s work is different; there are no two pieces alike.
    Click that Reply button and tell me: What does your artwork say about you? Does it show your emotions?

    Keep up the amazing work!

    Mikaela 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well my artwork shows pride and creativity,the emoition in my painting is...
      Happy because,it shows brightness.

      Delete
  6. keira amelia kennedy9 May 2014 at 14:41

    Wow ,in my painting, it is colourful because it shows creativity , brightness . Everyone is creative and does there art a different way , what do you mean by there are no two pieces alike ? . I love the way people did there art side to side and in the middle

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I do art it expresses my feeling and my emotions art is the life this book inspires me to do art more and to do what I see in art not what others think. I give this book a 10 out of 10 what do you give this book out of a 10. Art shows my pride and creativity I do ar with bright colours it bring happiness, everyone is creative in different ways. love this book:) Tell me why you love to do art and does art express your feelings and emotions?

    Happy Blogging:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes , we love our art because art is not just about who is best , it is about trying our best .

      Delete
  8. I think she means everyone is different and there are no paintings a like. And by everyone is different I mean everyone does things differently and express there feelings differently

    ReplyDelete